Wednesday, September 10, 2014

You are beautiful, unique and valued...

 
Hello my Lovelies!

I know it’s not easy to stay positive when you are on your weight loss journey, and IT IS A JOURNEY. Some of the worst things people can say to me is ‘how much weight have you lost?’, ‘can you eat that on a diet?’, ‘your being very naughty eating that’, ‘that’s such a bad food for weight-loss’ and ‘did you hear that such and such has lost over two stone already’.

I hate the way people think they have the right to judge me based on my weight and what I eat. I am on a weight-loss JOURNEY… and it will take me a while to lose the weight. The most important thing to me is that I am secure in myself no matter what my size or shape. My weight does not define me and it shouldn’t define any of you either. It shouldn’t change the way people talk to me or look at me. No one has the right to judge anyone based on their weight.

I am by no means a gym-bunny, but I’m no couch potato either. I don’t eat pizza and ice-cream all the time, but occasionally I do. That’s not a big deal. It’s life. People eat pizza. If you want pizza, eat it. Life is not about deprivation. Life is meant to be enjoyed. Don’t turn down a dinner invitation because you don’t want to eat something that may not be 100% Slimming World.

I firmly believe that SW teaches us the principles of healthy eating for life-long health. It is not a diet, it is a way of life. By making small changes, bigger ones will come, but it won’t happen overnight. I believe that the slow way is the best way.

I am not going to the classes this time around because I don’t want to be weighed. I don’t want to feel the disappointment if I stay the same weight, or horror of horror, gain half a pound! I don’t want to explain myself if I have a gain. I’m not ashamed to fluctuate in weight. It’s normal. The body stores and loses fat all the time.

Each and every one of you are beautiful, unique, valued and LOVELY in your own individual ways. Embrace and celebrate that.

Big love,
Kiki x

No comments:

Post a Comment