Monday, September 22, 2014

Romwe Update & Keto Progress...



Hello my lovelies!

I have a couple of updates for you today on this lovely crisp Monday morning. I hope you all have a lovely weekend and that your Monday isn't too bad!

Romwe Update

So I finally got a letter from Parcel Force about this customs and duty that I supposedly owed on a Romwe package - turned out I did in fact owe £19.95. I told them to send the package back to the sender as I wasn't paying it. Of course I'm not going to pay £19.95 customs on a £10 jumper, that's just madness!

So the big mix up on this customs thing was apparently because the package was sent by a third party supplier for Romwe based in Germany - whenever they sent the package they declared it as worth a significant amount more than the £10 I paid. I can only assume this was a mistake. The customs guy couldn't/wouldn't tell me the figure it was declared at, only that it was a "significant amount". I am guessing that when Romwe's third party supplier in Germany sent the package they have accidentally put the decimal in the wrong place, i.e. rather than writing £10.79 they have put £107.9.

I'm not 100% sure what happened but I have emailed Romwe to say the package is on the way back to their supplier in Germany. If they want to send the package to me again with the correct value declared no problem, otherwise I'll be seeking a refund through PayPal - not because I'm overly worried about £10, but because of the principle of the whole thing. After all it is their mistake.

Keto Update

So I've been on Keto since last Friday and have found it surprisingly easy. I found it so easy in fact that I am convinced I must be doing something wrong? Bacon and eggs for breakfast, chicken and coleslaw for lunch and turkey burgers with lashing of cheese and mayo for dinner? This can't be right. Everything little neuron in my brain is screaming "STOP, DON'T EAT THE CHEESE! PUT DOWN THE FUL FAT MAYO! YOU CAN'T HAVE CREAM IN YOUR COFFEE!", yet the scales this morning told a different story - I'm four pounds lighter... really... FOUR POUNDS! Now I know this is probably just water weight but to be fair I've never come out the other side of a weekend lighter than when I went in.

I haven't felt any real cravings for carbs or sugar yet, but that said, I am only on my fourth day. I figure I must be in keto now as I've lost some weight and feel like I have more energy, but I haven't had any of the usual 'keto-flu' symptoms that I read about online. The more I read about the keto-flu, the more I think that it only occurs in people who are making the keto transition while incorporating some intense work-out sessions. I haven't changed my exercise at all - I'm still just walking my dogs every day - I live by the sea and I think sea air is really good for the lungs so a good long walk along the beach with the dogs is what I enjoy. It makes me feel good.

I'd love to hear from any of you lovelies doing keto. It is definitely similar to red days on slimming world, except you add the fat instead of taking it away. I'm excited to keep going with this. I was reading on Ketogenic Queen this morning about how she likes to have a 'cheat meal' whenever she hits a plateau, I guess this is to trick the body into burning fat again, like how on Slimming World if you plateau you mix up your days and add a speed day or two in. It's a handy tip! I'll definitely keep this in mind along my keto journey just incase I plateau.

Hope you all are having a happy and healthy Monday. You are all beautiful no matter what size or shape you are - never forget that!

Big love,

Kiki x

No comments:

Post a Comment