Friday, September 19, 2014

Keto...

Hello my lovelies!

Now you all know been a big fan of Slimming World since my first go at it over three years ago, but just recently I've been hearing about the Ketogenic Lifestyle where you basically train your body to burn fat by eating a high fat, low carb and moderate protein diet.

I first heard about it from the lovely YouTuber Kaeyi Dream from A Wild Kaeyi Appears and In the Little Dream - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbR82kX83oRAxe9XESvijQ. She uses it to control her fibromyalgia and she says that it also helped her lose weight and gives her more energy.

I'm up for any diet plan where I can eat bacon and eggs for breakfast every day (that's why I joined Slimming World!) so a diet where chicken and coleslaw is an accepted lunch, well I'm in.

To me this is a lot like the SW red days, but without skipping on the fat. No need to trim the bacon and I can cook in oil/butter etc, I'm sure you get the jist. It's a lot like Atkins.

I figure I'll give it a month and if I don't feel it's right for me I'll be straight back to eating the SW way... I'll just maybe add a few more red days to my week.

I also found this very helpful blog detailing one girl's Keto journey - http://www.ketogenicqueen.com/

Let me know if you've ever tried this or what you think about it.

Big love,

Kiki x

No comments:

Post a Comment