Thursday, September 18, 2014

Romwe



Hello my lovelies,

I've got quite a lot of bits and bobs gathered up since I've been "treating" myself with makeup and clothing instead of food and am going to do a bit of a haul post about it all for you. Only problem is I'm still waiting on three items I ordered off an online store called Romwe (which I ordered on 25th August).

I'd heard lots of great reviews about it through YouTubers I subscribe to and thought it would make for excellent low-cost "treats" - I don't want to break the bank with these things! Unfortunately I think they are trying to scam me out of more money, which is a bit disappointing. I paid around £50 for a handbag and two jumpers and now they are emailing me asking that I contact them to pay another £20 duty and taxes (they have sent two package and two emails so I presume they actually are looking £40 total), but I have never had to pay duty and taxes direct to a foreign company. Normally the postal service (Royal Mail/Parcel Force) contact me direct about shipping costs.

Considering I bought four bridesmaid dresses from China for my wedding last November and had to pay £40 tax and duty on them (which was calculated based on the total value of the items - £260) I think Romwe are trying to con me out of money. Maybe they don't realise that I buy quite a lot of things from China and know the tax and duty costs and where to pay them?

I've emailed them saying that I'm not paying that and that they need to either send my packages and stop messing around or just refund me. Luckily I've paid through PayPal so can open a case through there and have PayPal refund it out of their account.

Now that I've had this problem I've googled some Romwe reviews and found quite a lot of unhappy customers - people who have not received items and people who have, but the items have been rubbish. I think they must send popular YouTubers items to have them reviewed in order to scam subscribers into making purchasers. Obviously I'm not suggesting that the YouTubers know about this in any way, they probably think they are showing their subscribers affordable fashion from a trusted seller. Of course I could be completely wrong and this could be a big misunderstanding - we shall see.

I'm a bit down about it all really and to be honest I've had two cream buns today to make myself feel better, which actually makes me feel worse because I've probably just maxed out my syn quota for the week.

I've also calculated the costs on the tax calculator I normally use (which has always been accurate) and it has said that I should have to pay £10.13 maximum for all three items. I don't know if you can clearly see the screenshot below?


I've been doing so well with Slimming World, but I am an emotional eater - if I feel bad I eat, if I feel good I eat... see the problem? I've replaced feel good eating with buying little inedible treats, but don't have a replacement for the feel bad eating yet.

I'm sorry this post isn't very helpful or inspiring, but sometimes I just feel like eating a couple of cream buns and putting on my pyjamas to watch NCIS. This is one of those times.

Hope you are all doing a bit better than me today!

Big love,

Kiki x

No comments:

Post a Comment