Tuesday, September 30, 2014

House Clearing, Caveman Keto and Eat Water Slim Pasta...



Hello my lovelies!

Sorry for the big gap between posts, last week was a little bit mental. I’ve been clearing out the attic, toolshed and utility room in preparation for ordering a skip in a couple of weeks. I can now at last say the toolshed and utility are completely cleared and the attic is basically cleared too, just a few bits and bobs of old paper work to sort out, which feels so good! I had been feeling a little like things had stalled a bit on the house, we are so close to being able to say it’s completed that I just wanted to make an extra push to get the rooms that needed the most work and clearing completed instead of avoiding them.

Keto has been going well. I’ve lost 5 pounds total. I did have some carbs and sugar over the weekend, but although it was over the 20g a day I’m allowed, it wasn’t massively so. The breakfasts and dinners are really easy, but the lunches are a bit boring. They have me a bit stumped to be honest. I’ve tried to pep them up this week by making up some keto bento but I’m really missing sandwiches. I tried to find some flax bread. I’ve read about it online and it seems to be a pretty good low carb bread replacement, but I couldn’t get any in my local health food store so I’m looking for a recipe using almond flour as I was able to get some of that.

I’m thinking of getting a deep fat fryer and using lard in it, but I’m really not too sure if all deep fat fryers are compatible with lard? I’ve been reading a lot of Caveman Keto’s blog and he uses one to make deep fat fried cheese and keto chicken nuggets and they sound delicious! I’m also going back to the Eat Water Slim Pasta. It is so low in carbs and will be a great filler food for with a meat and sauce. Pasta dishes were my go to quick meal before keto.

Also the Romwe stuff arrived, yay! So my haul is ready to go and I’ll get that up during the week along with a Curvy Autumn lookbook. I’m very excited about this. It’s my first proper fashion’y blog post and I’m excited for you to see my outfit choices.

Big love,

Kiki x


No comments:

Post a Comment