Sunday, October 05, 2014

Curvy Autmn Lookbook - Work & Weekend!

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA


Hello my lovelies!

I don’t know about you, but in my little part of the world it has started to get decidedly colder… autumn is finally here! Although winter is my absolutely favourite season, autumn comes a very close second. I am a creature who loves cold weather outside and a roaring fire inside. Autumn is the perfect time to start lighting the candles and setting the fire. It’s a beautiful time of year, perfect for long walks, hot soup, romance novels and plenty of scarves and fluffy socks.
When it comes to autumn style I have two looks. A work look and a weekend look. I work quite a distance from my house (a three hour round trip here and back) so when I am at home I really like to get comfy and enjoy spending time with the hubs and our boys. I know a lot of people relish going out at the weekends and “having a good time”, but there is truly nowhere I would rather be than in our little house, snuggled up on the sofa, having a laugh at some rubbish TV show or having a full on WOW session (Warlords of Draynor is out soon, whoop whoop!) with lots of junk food - and my autumn looks totally reflect this.

Weekend Casual
 
I love comfort, and my casual look is comfy but still smart enough that I could throw on a pair of TOMS or some boots and go for a coffee without any fuss.

Weekend Look D2
Weekend Look D1
Weekend Look D3
Weekend Look D1
Weekend Look D2
Weekend Look D3

When it comes to the weekend I'm all about comfort. I like to wear something that's cosy enough to lounge around the house in but also tidy enough that I can be out the door without too much fuss. Jeggings are perfect weekend attire - a cross between jeans and leggings they are the perfect blend of comfort and smart. I got these ones from Matalan for £12. Pair them with a t-shirt and a chunky cardigan and you've got an outfit cosy enough to laze about in, but stick on a pair of TOMS or some biker boots along with a woolly scarf and you're good to go meet a friend for a coffee. I got the Hogwarts logo t-shirt from Primark and the leopard print loose fit tee from H&M. The TOMS are from Schuh and the black leather bikers boots are Steve Madden for Dune. The double loop cream and gold scarf was a Christmas gift and the multi-coour Damask scarf is one I brought back from Budapest a few years ago. The bag is from Romwe.

Work Smart
 
My work look is still comfortable but definitely a lot smarter. Loose jumpers and jersey pencil skirts are my staple along with thick tights and chunky heel boots.

Work Look D1
Work Look D2
Work Look D1

I bought this black pencil skirt from Matalan for £12 recently. It's made of a lovely comfortable stretch material and is a really flattering length. As far as I know they still sell them, or at least something very similar. The grey jumper I got from Romwe and the black and white stripe jumper I got from H&M in August. I really like pencil skirts and loose jumpers together - there's just something really smart yet cool about it. I match them with these Irregular Choice boots and my coat from Primark. I prefer boots over flats or heels during the Autumn as the weather can be so unpredictable here. It can be dry one minute and tipping it down the next. In my opinion a chunky heel is always better than a stiletto for work, it's more sturdy and it’s definitely more comfortable to walk in than a skinny heel.

I hope this gives all you curvy gals a bit of inspiration for your autumn style. You are all beautiful just as you are and I hope I can help you learn to love yourselves no matter what your size or shape - it doesn't matter if you are a size 6 or a size 26, your body size/shape does not define you.

Stay stylish,

Kiki x

No comments:

Post a Comment